Yet Will I Praise Him

So Adelaide today has been a little nasty and essentially has said that I won't be entered into their allocation pool because I don't meet the 'Standard' for English requirements.

I tried to reason with them and offered to sit for the test but they want it by June 29th and the next possible test date is June 30th. I asked if they would be happy for me to sit for that test and send it in, they just read me the 'Standard' again. Unyielding. I called the Medical Board of Australia and they did the same.

I was a little bummed at first - I mean, not getting a job after graduating from med school is unheard of in Australia but you know, I've always said that sometimes God closes unsuitable doors. That's fine. Adelaide was a backup.. an option.. it was another door I was looking at and thinking.. maybe? I'm not saying it was necessarily a stepping stone because sometimes you go somewhere and it changes your direction. You can find your future in places you'd never expect. So I was and have always been open to the fact that while I may not necessarily have a strong desire to go someplace, that it may be where I find something special.

But Adelaide said no. Or specifically, a very unyielding Ms Jenny Wilckens said no.

And you know what? That's okay.

Because I've learnt that even in the most disappointing of circumstances.. even when it could look like the future you worked for is in jeopardy, I have found that I can smile in the face of adversity, I can rejoice in God's faithfulness, I can sleep well knowing that I do not need Him to prove His faithfulness to me yet again. I know that whatever happens He will be faithful and I will receive a future and a plan that I will actually enjoy.. and even if I don't, well I know that through it all, Yet I will Praise Him!


Not the best recording but it works!


Habakkuk 3:16-19

New International Version (NIV)

I heard and my heart pounded,
    my lips quivered at the sound;
decay crept into my bones,
    and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity
    to come on the nation invading us.

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior. 
 
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz