Cory Booker: Commencement Speech

Stanford commencement speech by Cory Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey. Another example of the type of person I would like to become!

I think it's sad that at the end of my 6 years of university education I feel that the only thing of value I have received (or will receive) is my medical degree. I wish that I could have been part of a community that I am truly proud of, a community where fond memories of my 'college days' were made and a community that teaches me about the important things in life and not just about how to fix up patients when they are sick. I think this is where education in Australia fails. If I could do it again, I'm not sure if I would come here. As beautiful and stable as this country is, I cannot feel its soul. And I do not feel inspired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz