Faith

Of late I have been thinking seriously about how we were going to get my brother through college. In the long run I know I'll be fine but in the next few years there are still loans to pay and expenses that I will have to meet on a fairly limited salary. They say that when it rains, it pours. College is expensive and as much as I'd like to put my brother through college (which I would have been able to do had he come 5 or 10 years later) I'm just not completely sure how we'll figure this one out.

I spent a few weeks thinking about it, worrying a little and sometime getting angry that things weren't simpler but tonight I remembered my second and third year of medicine, when I wasn't even sure how I would get through medical school myself. It was during those years, when I wasn't sure, that I learnt to rely on God's provision and His faithfulness to us.

I believe that having a college education will be essential for my brother but I also believe that just as God got me through, he will get my lil bro through.


Matthew 6:25-34

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Philippians 4:4-7

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz