Marudi

I was just thinking that I'd really like to visit my grandma soon. Ideally, I'd love to meet my family more often but as a student, both time, but more importantly, finances are tight. But my grandma's definitely not getting any younger and she's always been really nice to us so I'd really like to visit her when I can. Unfortunately, the next possible time is the end of 2012. I wish it could be sooner but med school imposes time constraints. Somehow that feels like a rather poor excuse but it's a real one.

My grandma lives by this river (picture) which can be found on Borneo island (oldest island in the world). The village used to be a bit more under-developed with wooden buildings and all that, and we could only get there by boat but it's become much more developed now and you can fly there in a tiny 12-seater twin otter or drive from Miri which is a small city nearby. It's definitely a gorgeous place though and I'm glad I have some links (albiet rather tenuous ones) to the jungle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz