Flow cytometry

Just two short days away from my exams! One of the things I've had to prepare is some background information on laboratory investigations we observed during the year. I chose the really common ones, in part because it would potentially be easier to talk about but largely because I felt it would be more useful to my career in the long run! I mean, if I'm going to have to work on this (I dont like technical work much!) then it might as well be useful.

SO, one of the techniques I chose to read about was flow cytometry. It is the method used by labs to process Full Blood Counts which is possibly the most common investigation ordered at a hospital. I hadn't had much luck finding good information about this investigation till today when I came across this website (click!). Those of you interested in technology and physics and all that can also click on the screenshot I've included below (goes to the same site).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz