Anatomy

Anatomy has always been one of those areas in medicine that I've been wary off. It's remarkably important, being one of the core topics in medicine, but can be quite overwhelming given the number of tiny nerves, holes and muscles you have to remember. To make things worse, you also have to remember what each entity is connected to and how each part works.

I have to admit I've managed to get away with a very rudimentry level of anatomical knowledge for a long time. For this exam I put anatomy off till the last minute (ie. now) as I tend to do because it's such a massive (and to be honest, low yield) topic. I mean, if you've got to sacrifice something than this would be the subject to go.

But I've been working at it for the past 2 days now, trying to patch up the gaps in my knowledge and trying to teach myself in as entertaining a way as possible. I'm getting there slowly... it's an uphill climb across a treacherous terrain and I'm currently going through the worst part of all (neuroanatomy) but I'm getting there slowly, and hopefully at the end of this we will all (or at least I will) be the better for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz