Awesome day at work

Today was one of those days when it just feels amazing to be a doctor. I had my first peritonitic abdomen and immediately requested consultant assistance and a surgical review. The patient was seen by the surg reg within 10 minutes of arriving at the hospital! Those of you who have spent time in an ED waiting room will know that's pretty awesome. All my patients thanked me today - all told me I'd helped them and my bosses seemed happy too. It feels great when your medical training seems to finally be producing good results. Left work feeling quite elated. (Also did my first speculum exam as a doctor today!!! Heaps fun. Last time I did it was on a practice patient who did not require an exam so it was awesome to do it for realsies this time.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz