Runs, Palm Court & Fleece Markets

Sometimes I have my doubts but most of the time I get this feeling that coming to New York was one of the best things that I could have done for myself. This city inspires you, as does its people.

Tonight I went for a run down 5th avenue (97th-59th) and back up again.That's roughly 4 miles or 6.4km. It was surprisingly invigorating and not as uncomfortable as I would have expected. The new iPod shuffle has really helped this enterprise as well if you consider the last run I had when I couldn't bring myself to go further than 4.8km I am convinced this was out of sheer boredom.

Runners at Central Park during the day.
This afternoon I visited an Artist and Fleece Market at Brooklyn with Megan and Hamidah, two of the Echo techs from work, and my housemate, Stephanie. We also stopped at a corner store for pie and target for a short spot of shopping.

Yesterday I bumped into Ludi and Lilo at the Plaza Hotel so we popped into Palm Court for afternoon tea. I love afternoon teas. Tomorrow's another public holiday (Martin Luther King Day I believe). Not sure what I'll do. Perhaps a spot of cardiology... not sure if I should pop into hospital since my boss is no longer doing rounds and probably won't be seeing patients on a public holiday!
Afternoon tea at Palm Court, the Plaza Hotel.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz