Salad

Food motivates me.. particularly during exam season when other pleasures in life result in a fair amount of guilt. Good food on the other hand - we all need that right? The healthier I am, the better I study? At least that's what I tell myself when I steal a few moments away from my computer.

This approximates the salad I have in my mind! Taken from
http://passionateeater.blogspot.com.au/2009/03/ka-pow-salad.html
Yesterday I roasted a rosemary, lemon, butter & garlic half-chicken. I've also prepared some capsicum-dip rice to go with it but it needs a decent vegetable companion so today I figured I would try to whip up a warm salad. I haven't got a picture yet because I haven't decided how exactly I'm going to go about this but I'm thinking some fresh spinach leaves and soft boiled eggs with a hint of the Mediterranean - so some warm pickled capsicum, roasted eggplant, some fried bacon with a dressing of caramelised balsamic vinegar. I think some warm lightly ?caramelised beetroot (or perhaps without caramel) would compliment the dish nicely and maybe a sprinkling of pine nuts too.

Come to think of it, a light cous cous would probably go better with this meal than the capsicum rice... hm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz