Love is Action

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do nto have love, I am nothing.

If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing.

(1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

This is an excerpt from Chapter 7 of Joyce Meyer's book on the fruits of the Spirit.

The Bible sats that love is not theory or talk, but deeds. Love is action, doing what needs to be done in every situation (1 John 3:18). Developing love isn't a horrible struggle; it is simply being good to people. ...
How kind are you to people? What are you doing for people? How are you treating people who aren't treating you very nicely? ...

We are known by our fruit, not only as individual members of the body, but corporately as churches, ministries and organizations. ...

To abound in love is the most excellent thing we can do. And we must do everything with an excellent spirit, We can't be an excellent person and not walk in love, and we can't walk in love and not be an excellent person. ...

It is very important to be a person of excellence - to do our very best every day in all that we believe God is asking us to do, to always do every job to the best of our ability. The Bible tells us that Daniel was a man of excellence. Because of Daniel's excellent spirit, the king wanted to promote him. (Daniel 6:3)

The good news is that God is not expecting us to give anything to anybody that He hasn't given us, How could God expect us to love people who are unlovely unless He equips us to be able to do that? And the more we use the fruit of the Spirit by being in situations that require us to use it, the more it grows.
Secrets to exceptional living.
Chapter 7 Love - You have it in you




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz