Finally made it through the book of Acts. As dry as it was, I felt encouraged by its ending. Paul faced a storm during his journey to Rome but God promised to spare the lives of all the men on his ship (albeit not the boat). Ironically, the journey appears to have been made so he can arrive in Rome to be judged (?) by Caesar but perhaps it is still better to live and be judged than to die at sea.

I am now in the book of Romans and am excited.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jews, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed - a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith".  Romans 1:16-17
I have been feeling a bit anxious this past week - about work, and about some difficulties in my personal life. But I know that if I keep my eyes on Jesus I will walk on water and be saved. See you on the other side.

Love, S.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz