Learning

There are still days when I am grumpy. In fact, it isn't that rare. But there are also more of those days when I am able to remain calm and gracious despite being loaded with more than I can handle. In a way, I guess it is a function of being more comfortable with my role as a doctor, but I hope it is also a sign of growth. Of learning patience and learning when things don't matter. I pray that I will be slow (and then slower!) to anger. I pray that it will be easier to forgive. I pray that there will come a day when I just wouldn't take things personally, and a day when I find myself slowing down , always, to make each moment, with each person count. Being a doctor has given me countless opportunities to learn to relate to other people. To attempt to find something interesting in a person I have no interest in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz