Life Updates

It's been a really crazy week. I've just made my first property investment - a little two bedder in a lovely part of town. The location is marvellous - it is near to an amazing park and to a university and multiple city hospitals. I almost didn't get it - the vendors tried to bring up the price on me at the last minute but I thank God for grace and for the wisdom not to cave. I would have walked away, and I got the apartment in the end.

So what can I say about 2014 - half a year has passed and it has been lovely being back in NSW but there have been some difficulties. I am getting increasingly bored and tired with my work - I've heard though that this is the case with the resident year - we are neither registrars, nor interns, so the learning curve isn't quite as steep and our medical lives aren't quite as interesting.

I'm excited about starting physicians training next year and about that phase of my life. If it doesn't pan out however, and I will know by September, then I will try to get some great research going, perhaps in New York, if I can sort out the finances relating to that.

I have been involved with some great projects this year as well. I love the groups I have been put in touch with, and who have sought me out in some cases. I feel like I am starting to get a foot-hold in the research community, which is wonderful.

Relationship-wise, I feel like I have consolidated some solid amazing friendships - with the van Gangelens who I love, with Sarah and Candice and some others. I generally like the people I work with and hope to build some lasting friendships.

So where to from here?

At this point I need to finish up my year on the coast, then I need to decide where to be based next year - be it in my little two bedder or be it elsewhere. I need to sort out some fashion-related matters, bring my stuff over from Tasmania and complete my research projects. I need to go through my physician lectures and make space in my life for the next year, which will be hectic.

It's been a good year so far - I've enjoyed most of it and it has largely been comfortable. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the year panns out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz