Updates

Sometimes people talk about the desire that God places in your heart for what is good, or what is His will for your life. The greatest desire in my heart right now is to go to Palo Alto (New York being second place at this point). My heart's desire is to go on an adventure, and do something meaningful like join Mercy Ships or embark on some self seeking journey. But I am afraid of letting go of all I have in Sydney, and at the same time, I am fearful that if I do not let go I will be pretty old by the time I finally figure out and find that which is my heart's true desire and maybe by then it would be too late for me to truly reap the rewards.

It's good that I've ended up on the Central Coast this year. It is close enough to Sydney to allow semi-frequent trips to a city that inspires me more than Launceston but at the same time is remote enough to allow me remain at a slower pace which in turn allows me to think a bit more and focus on things like relationships and direction.

The hospital has put me up in a lovely town house with three bedrooms, though my other housemates have not arrived yet so it is even more amazing, having this whole place (and the huge living area upstairs to myself). The town house is very homey, set in mainly creme and white tones and carpeted floors throughout. There is also air conditioning upstairs which is great. I've unpacked my stuff and my room looks nice and girly but in a fairly classy way, if I may say so myself. I didn't think I had it in me to make anything look New York classy so I was surprised at how it all looked when I was done.

I'm starting the clinical year on cardiology, which is great. I think after all the ho-hum about maybe doing surgery, I have decided to stay with cardiology which has been my intention all the while. My new registrar is nice too, he's technically only one year ahead of me so I like the semi-collaborative style.

I am looking forward to the rest of this year. Still don't know if I should head of to Perth. I like it where I am at the moment and would have been satisfied had this been a permanent thing for the whole year but there is always the concern about whether I'd get into BPT in NSW. Also, the little thing about joining Mercy Ships and doing a masters in the USA next year!

I hope God sends me some guidance soon. Would like to get my affairs in order. So to speak.

Oh and before I forget, I also finished reading Steve Job's biography. It took me about one week and was a riveting read. I felt that the author was able to do Steve justice and I'm really quite in love with the guy (Steve I mean) despite all his flaws, having read the story. Steve's passion for Apple and for great products comes through vividly and is made somewhat bitter sweet when you hear not just about the triumphs but about the sacrifices and the trials he went through - the decade with NeXT, his issues with being given up for adoption and his relationship with his kids.

I wish Reed (the son) well and hope he goes on to do great things as well, be it at the magnitude of his father's achievements or even if it is just something wonderful and fulfilling by the Every Man's standards. I'm sure he will one day be a solid doctor at any rate and hope he finds fulfilment in this field.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz