A little sad.

I heard that some of the other local interns were bitching about 'Sydney interns' today. I had no words to respond because I know without a doubt that I have done nothing wrong in this particular instance. I simply love medicine, I love research, I love cardiology to no end. But there is tall poppy syndrome here in Australia, and we've entered (intruded almost) on a very tightly knitted group of interns. People do not like it when others come out 'on top'... not that I feel particularly victorious since I was never in competition with them - I was simply living my life, doing my thing. I can't help being in love with medicine.



"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brugada Syndrome

Connecting the dots

Life Zzzzzzzzzzzz